The Oman Pavilion will tell a story of how the Omanis manage their water resources and continue to harvest the sea to ensure sustainability of food supply. The pavilion will effectively become a giant clockwork of synchronised activities when at timed intervals the falaj flows through the ‘Water Village’ which springs to life with activities and interactive information that covers various sub-themes and topics that fit into all five Itineraries of the Expo:
1. Science and technology for food safety, security and quality.
2. Science and technology for agriculture and biodiversity.
3. Innovation in the agro-food supply chain.
4. Dietary education.
5. Food for better lifestyles,
6. Food and culture.
7. Cooperation and development on food.
1. The history of Humanity, stories of food.
2. Abundance and shortage: The contemporary paradox.
3. The future of food.
4. Sustainable food = fair world.
5. Taste is knowledge.
Learn more : http://omanexpo2015.gov.om/
Pic courtesy Oman pavilion